.
.
.
.

Monday 22 February 2010

A Motorcyclist's Mid-Winter Frustration

One Christmas in the early 70's, I received a dazzling Huffy bicycle that continues to rank as one of my favorite presents of all time. This speed demon had a purple metallic-flake frame with shiny chrome fenders, ape hanger handle bars, and a special edition banana seat.  I couldn't wait to get outside to ride that beast!

Only one problem; that Christmas day there was so much snow and ice covering the landscape that it was impossible to ride.  For seven straight days I woke up, looked out the window and wondered if this would be the day, and for seven straight days the answer was NO!  I was so freakin' frustrated!

Fast forward some 30 years…

Today I find myself dealing with that same frustration all over again.
I have been unable to use any of my nifty stuff.  For seven days I have awakened, looked out the window and wondered if today would be the day, and for seven straight days the answer has been NO!  My frustration is accumulating like the 3 foot snow drift outside my window.

So what's a guy to do?  How should I deal with all of this pent up frustration?

Perhaps I should…

  • double up my meds.
  • lay in the snow while wearing my gear and make a snow angel.
  • sing happy songs.
  • ride the motorcycle carousel at Chuck E. Cheese

My wife suggested I gear up, go to the garage and close all the doors, then start my bike and pretend I am riding for a half hour or how ever long it takes! :)  Any other ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
house shipping container
.